This is a safari timed to coincide with the wildebeest migration in the southern Serengeti during calving season. We will also explore Tarangire National Park as wildlife congregates around the Tarangire River , Ngorongoro Crater and the rest of the Serengeti. The nine day safari costs $3,320 and the safari dates are January 29 - February 8, 2010. The 12-day safari costs $4,335 for the west Kilimanjaro extra.
A nine-day African Journey through the northern wildlife ecosystems of Serengeti, Ngorongoro and others, with an optional extension to the slopes of west Kilimanjaro and/or to the tropical beaches of Zanzibar Island.
The safari is timed as to coincide with the spectacle of the vast wildebeest migration and the beginning of the calving season in the southern Serengeti plains. This safari is designed for active people of any age who are interested in an in-depth group safari experience. The safari’s emphasis is on being close to the land, close to the people and close to the culture, as this is what a true African safari is all about. Accommodations will alternate between permanent African tented camps and first-class lodges.
Our safaris are comfortable, and at times luxurious, but are primarily planned to emphasize the quality and depth of the experience. While this is a group-led safari, the itinerary is flexible and has a high degree of personal freedom. This safari will include:
Walking safari in Arusha National Park . Lot ’s of giraffe, zebra, Cape buffalo, white colobus monkeys, baboons and other wildlife.
- Two days of game drives in Tarangire National Park . Optional swimming at the Tarangire Safari Lodge.
- Drive through the Great Rift Valley and stop in Mtu wa Mbo near Lake Manyara . Time for lunch, cultural walks, visits to villages, or shopping.
- Game drives throughout the Serengeti and day trip along the Grumeti River.
- Game drives and picnic in Ngorongoro Crater.River.
- One night at the luxurious Ngorongoro Wildlife Lodge on the Crater rim.
- Visit to Olduvai Gorge , home to some of the world’s most significant early hominid findings.
- Two nights at Ndutu Lodge in the southern Serengeti where hundreds of thousands of wildebeest come to calve.
- Three nights’ at the magnificent Seronera Lodge in the heart of the Serengeti.
- For those selecting the 12-day safari, three days at the luxurious Ndarkwai Camp in a private reserve on the western slopes of Mt. Kilimanjaro . 12,000 acres of private wildlands to drive, bike ride or walk with a guide. View elephants from the treehouse, visit a maasai village in the evening when they are bringing in the cattle, drive up to the Shira plateau at 10,000 ft on Mt. Kilimanjaro , or watch the baboons from your tent while having morning tea. A truly different place.
The nine-day Migration Wonder is $3,320 and the the 12-day Migration Wonder is $4,335.00 The 12-day safari includes three wonderful nights at a private reserve at the foot of Mt. Kilimanjaro. Except for international airfare, just about everything else is included – meals, transport, lodging, camping parks fees, guides, tips and even some wine at dinner!
safaris are based on years of personal experience leading safari
groups in Tanzania, and we arrange
our safaris directly with the best local providers. Therefore, our
safaris cost much less than other safaris without compromising